These are basic units of measurement based on Standard Method of Measurement 2(SMM2). Below are "must-know" items units for a QS.
1. Excavation of topsoil = m2
2. Excavation of reduced level/pits/basements/pile caps/trenches for g.beam = m3
3. Excavation of trenches for pipes = m
4. Concrete = m3
5. Formwork = m2
6. Reinforcement = kg
7. Fabric Reinforcement = m2
8. Sand Blinding/Similar Fine Materials = m2
9. Lean Concrete/Concrete Blinding = m3
10. Brickworks/Blockworks = m2
11. Skirtings/Bonding Ties = m
12. Finishes/Roof Coverings = m2
13. Normal Glass = m2
14. Special Glass(<10mm thk at >4.00m2/>10mm thk/Laminated/Solar control/Acrylic/Polycarbonate) = no.
15. Pipes/Gutters = m
16. Composite Items(fabricated off-site eg:door/window/sanitary fittings)/Fittings = no.
I think it might be helpful for those "in-case" forgotten units of measurements & as a super-fast guide for u & me without flipping the SMM. :) -FC